Wednesday 29 May 2013

Writing unit 8




A happy ending:

 

This time last year, things weren’t going too well for me. I’d had an argument with my best friend , and I’d also left my ballet lessons. My other friends invited me out, but I didn’t really want to go out with them. I spent a lot of time listening music in my room and watching movies.

Everything changed for me the day I saw a programme about be a volunteer in a summer camp. The volunteers were helping the camp counselors; both were really funny and responsible. They made me realize that I should be a bit more positive. I found out that volunteers could stay all the summer there, so I stayed with them.

These days, I feel much happier. Working as a volunteer has made me feel more useful and sociable. We’re looking if we can be volunteers again next summer, because it was super funny and we want to spend the next one all together. If I hadn’t seen the programme, I’d never have had the opportunity to work with kids and have so much fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment